INGRÉDIENTS / INGREDIENTS
1 Overripe banana, peeled
1⁄2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1⁄2 Teaspoon baking powder
pinch kosher salt
2 Teaspoon vegetable or coconut oil
Maple syrup and/or fresh berries, for serving
PRÉPARATION / INSTRUCTIONS
- Pour the banana, oats, baking powder, and salt in the blender.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth (about 1 minute).
- Place a skillet on stove. When the skillet is hot, add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Pour 1⁄4-cup of the butter in the skillet spacing the pancakes far enough apart that they don’t run together. Cook until there are many little bubbles on each pancake’s surface (about 2 minutes). Use a spatula to flip the pancakes over, then cook until golden (about 2 minutes).
- Repeat with the remaining oil and the rest of the batter.
- Serve it with maple syrup and/or fresh berries.